Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Future's so Bright

Colin Harper
Future

One interesting idea I got from the field trip was when we got the editing sheet, I ended up getting all of the corrections before she was done grading it. I have always had good grammar and English skills but I have never thought of a career as a proofreader.
Another interesting part of the trip was when we were asked to choose our favorite option for the cover of the magazine, the one that I had chosen in my head was the one that they had used.
A third interesting thing I took from the trip was that I hadn't really stopped to think about how vast the 417 area really is. The people here have so many stories, and you can learn so much from traveling so little.

A question that I had was: When the writers go on trips (Such as the one to the carnival) to get information for a story, is their trip and expenses paid for by the magazine?

I would LOVE to write for Fighters Only magazine. Going around interviewing fighters and writing articles about the events would be a dream job.

I think it ten years I will be married and with one kid. Maybe I will have another on the way by then, but who knows. I don't know what my career will be, but I do know that I will help coach my kid in his wrestling. He will probably be about 5 years old or so by then, so he will definitely be wrestling already. I will probably still be living in Springfield, but if not, I will definitely be living in a town a lot like it. I enjoy the middle sized area kind of life, so I will always want to live somewhere similar to here.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like you will make a great life for yourself, that you'll be a good father and husband and family man.

    ReplyDelete