Thursday, February 4, 2016

Dream Thread

Colin Harper
Dream Thread

It starts out peaceful, but isn't that how all nightmares begin? I am laying on the dirt in the middle of a wooded area, looking up at the canopy of treetops above me. I hear a noise reverberating through the trees, and I sense something is wrong, so I get up to my feet. A host of demons emerge from the foliage around me, and I am afraid. A silhouetted figure wrapped in a cloak appears, and although he is armed with a sword, he doesn't even raise it. The demons seem to know who he is, and they tremble at his sight, and immediately flee. Before I could thank the mysterious individual, he burst away into the forest. I chased after him, and we seemed to be moving at the exact same speed. Our chase led to an open field, where he turned and revealed himself to me. It was my own face I saw across from myself. I wanted to gain some information, but as I walked out to where he was, he seemed to get further from me. 

1 comment:

  1. I like the image of the cloaked figure not even having to raise his sword but still being intimidating enough to scare the demons away. Gives him a whole different element of power. And having his face mirror your own adds a dreamlike, mysterious element...

    ReplyDelete