Friday, April 1, 2016

Wife Swap Letter

Colin Harper
Wife Swap Letter
Jenny and Lara,
                           My class and I recently watched the same episode of Wife Swap that your class watched. The two families that swapped wives were very different. I believe that that shows how diverse the American culture can be. Depending on where someone lives in America, there can be more of the "redneck" type families, or more of the "pageant" type families. Where I am from, there is a good mixture of different types of families. I come from a family that is somewhere in between the two families shown on the show. My home is very clean, like the pageant family, but my family also enjoys having free time, like the redneck family. I think the average household in America is somewhere between the two as well.

                           When the wives finally met each other, they immediately began arguing. I can assure you that that is not how most people communicate in America. We do argue at times, but that is usually only after a peaceful agreement can't be made. After their arguing, they calmed down and talked out their problems in a constructive way. That is how most Americans are taught to solve their problems.
                           
                            What did you think about the show? How do you think the show would be different if it were filmed in China? I hope to hear from you soon.

                                                                                                                       Best Wishes,
                                                                                                                                  Colin

1 comment:

  1. You are so right--we don't get into such volatile arguments with people in our day to day. I'm glad you pointed that out.

    ReplyDelete