Monday, April 11, 2016

Chinese Visit

Chinese Visit

The Chinese visitors who I gave my tour to were named Felix and Terry. They both seemed to be older than some of the other visitors. Terry told me that he had a three year old son, and that he enjoyed playing video games. Felix showed me pictures of his hometown, and they were very awesome. He said he thought of a kite when he thought about America because it was so free. I told them about my wrestling, and they seemed to think that it was very cool. On the tour we took them to an art room first, and they enjoyed looking around the room and talking to the students and the teacher about their art. Then we went into the student section, and they thought that was cool too. We went into the gym and explained to them about what kickball was, and they thought that gym class was really awesome. We brought them through the locker room and into the wrestling room, then we went to the weight room. They were very interested in the weight room, and thought that it was cool how the students got to work on their fitness while at school. After that we went through the theater while the drama students were working on some things. We watched them for awhile, and then we moved to the culinary room. The culinary students were making funnel cakes when we went in, and the visitors thought that the idea for a cooking class was very fun. They talked to the teacher for awhile, and then we brought them to the woodshop room. We showed them the mini house and they were very interested. Then we went to the science wing and went into a class where the students were working on plastic bodies, and they talked to the teacher about it for awhile. Then we were out of time so we came back to class. Through this experience I realized how many activities and classes there actually were at kickapoo. If I had more time, I would probably have asked them about their favorite sports, or other activities. I was glad to have them in, and I enjoyed giving the tour.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for showing them around! It looked like you all hit it off from the get-go.

    ReplyDelete