Tuesday, March 29, 2016

"Reel" Life

Colin Harper
Reel Life

My favorite movie is either, Zomebieland, American History X, or The Greenstreet Hooligans. For appropriateness, I will reflect on Zombieland. It is my favorite movie because it has a little bit of everything. There is action when they fight the zombies, comedy throughout, romance between two of the protagonists, The movie is everything a movie-goer could ever want and more. The entire cast is only six people. Every person in the cast is a bona-fide star. Hence, why it can truly be considered of having an "all star" cast. My favorite actor is Jesse Eisenberg, and he is the star, so that makes me enjoy the move even more.

I don't usually care very much for movies that are all action and guns, all of the time. I think that movies need to have a strong plot to them. On that same note, I also don't enjoy movies where the plot is too complex to where I have to be remembering who is who and who does what at all times. Movies like The Lord of the Rings do that to me. I also don't like educational movies much either. However I bet that is a popular opinion.

When I watch a movie, all I really need is for my environment to not be too loud. I also don't enjoy it when people keep asking questions. If they genuinely don't understand what's going on, it's alright, but when they aren't paying attention to the movie, and then ask me a question, it makes me angry. My mom always forces our family to watch movies together, and then she sits on her phone and loudly asks questions when she doesn't know what's going on. I always end up leaving to my room and not finishing the movie because it makes me so mad. Some movie theater popcorn never hurts when I'm watching a movie either.

The survey told me that I watch movies generally for pleasure, and for social reasons. I would agree with that. If you're not doing a fun thing with the intention of having fun, then why are you doing it? It told me that I enjoy movies with aggression in them, and that is somewhat true, as all three of my favorites are very aggressive movies, but I don't always like action movies. I actually prefer comedies to them almost every time.

If my life were made into a movie, I would assume they could hire a Calvin Klein model to play me. That way, the actor would look like me, (yeah right) and the acting would be easy enough for them to do it. All they would have to do is sit in a recliner, play xbox, and obnoxiously sing punk rock music. That's it. No plot, no key events, not even really very many characters. I'm sure a movie producing company would eat that right up.

No comments:

Post a Comment