Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Art Print writing and Haiku

Colin Harper
Art Print Writing and Haiku
The picture is painted from the perspective of someone laying underneath a canopy of trees. The trees have brown leaves, and the sky is blue with an orange undertone. I believe it is safe to say that it is Fall in the painting. It reminds me of a time when I was at the park with my sister and cousins. The ambiance was very similar to that of the picture. My sister was playing on a teeter-totter, and somehow managed to chip her tooth. It also reminds me of the Fall Festivals that McBride would put on every year. I would always ride rides and play games at those events. At the end of the events, there was always a fireworks show. The orange in the sky tells me that the sun is beginning to go down. That is my favorite time of day, when it is not fully day yet not fully night. It reminds me of playing catch with my father whenever he would get home from work.


I did my haiku about Dakoda's print. It is full of grays, blacks, and browns.
Haiku
I open my eyes
smoke, fog, and dust surround me
This is how war feels

No comments:

Post a Comment